Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Has anyone seen the Bitty Bear Matinee?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member KariS's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    My mother and I are going to NY in the spring and I have decided my daughter is finally old enough to come along. It's a long day - we leave around 6 am and return after midnight - but I think she can handle it.

    Of course, we are going to AGP [img]wink.gif[/img] I noticed that the Bitty Bear Matinee theatre show for ages 3-6 starts in March. I was debating getting tickets but hadn't heard anything about the show.

    Has anyone gone? Heard anything? Have any comments about it?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MaryCarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am curious Laurie, how does your little one know all the words if you haven't been to the show?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There are two different shows. One is the American Girl Revue,(AGPNewYork) the other is called Circle of Friends (AGPChicago) and both have cd's out. She (we) have listened to the CD's so many times and she knows them all by heart now. She'll stand and give her grandmas performances! There are a LOT of words and she can do it without the music too. That's how she has gotten to know all the personalities of the girls or how they act, like Samantha tries to be a young lady, Josefina misses her mama and wants to be a doctor, Felicity loves her horse Penny and her best friend Elizabeth. She REALLY likes the Addy songs on both CD's because the music is so cool towards the end, and the Molly songs too with The Victory Sisters.

    You can order them online from American Girl. They really are very good. Maybe you'd like to listen to them if you haven't had a chance to see the shows:

    http://store.americangirl.com/pls/ag...eq=157&sectid=

    Laurie

  4. #4
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I haven't gone, but I did talk to someone at AG about it when it first opened in Chicago. The characters (actors) are dressed in the appropriate animal clothing, but they do not wear costume head pieces (ala Disney), instead they will only be wearing makeup, so as not to frighten any of the youngsters. That was really all I heard about it. We're waiting until Diana can see the AG show that she knows all the words by heart.

    Laurie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •